Emergency Dentist — Syracuse, NY
Quality Care in Your Time of Need
Dental emergencies can happen out of nowhere, which is why we have the training and technology necessary to get our patients out of pain as quickly as possible. Dr. Craybas is incredibly experienced, and he offers high-quality, custom-made dental restorations. Keep reading to learn more about dental emergencies in Syracuse and how we can treat them. And for quality care in your time of need, don’t hesitate to call us right away !
Why Choose Creative Dental Concepts of CNY for Emergency Dental Care?
- #1 Wide Variety of Services All Available Under One Roof
- #2 Same-Day Appointments Available for Emergency Patients
- #3 Flexible Dental Financing Available to Make Emergency Care Affordable
What to Do in a Dental Emergency
- Step 1: Call us right away. No matter what kind of dental emergency you or your loved one is experiencing, your first step should be to call us as soon as you can. We do everything we can to schedule same-day appointments for emergency patients.
- Step 2: Follow our first-aid instructions. Over the phone, we’ll walk you through basic first-aid for handling your symptoms and stabilizing your condition until you can reach us.
- Step 3: See your Syracuse emergency dentist. When you arrive, one of our doctors will see you right away for evaluation and will also work to alleviate any pain you may be experiencing.
- Step 4: Review the findings and make a plan. Once we’ve examined you, we’ll go over our findings and fully explain which treatments we recommend. We’ll work with you to create a custom treatment plan that works best for your situation.
- Step 5: Get the fast, professional care you need. Whether you need a filling, crown, root canal, or something else altogether, our team will get to work right away! We will always focus on your comfort and well-being as we work to repair your smile.
The Most Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies will typically fall into 2 categories: sudden physical injury or long-term infection that is usually a result of poor oral hygiene. At Creative Dental Concepts of CNY , we’re able to treat both kinds of emergencies, getting our patients out of pain as soon as possible. In the event of an emergency, call our office right away. In the meantime, here are some tips for handling the most common dental emergencies:
Understanding the Cost of Dental Emergencies
Because of the variety of dental emergencies that can occur, it’s hard to give a cost estimate without examining your mouth first. Sometimes a toothache can be treated with a simple filling, while other instances may require more extensive restoration. It all depends on your specific emergency or injury. The best way to receive a precise estimate is to come into our office. We’ll carefully examine your smile before developing your personalized treatment plan that includes cost.
How to Prevent Dental Emergencies
Although dental emergencies are never completely preventable, here are some easy tips for minimizing your chances:
- Brush and floss your teeth daily.
- Visit our office for routine checkups and cleanings.
- Wear a mouthguard during physical activity.
- Avoid chewing on hard or nonfood items.
- Avoid using your teeth as tools.
- Avoid the use of tobacco or heavily consuming alcohol.
Dental Emergency FAQ’s
Curious about emergency dentistry? You’re in the right place! Your dentist in Syracuse is always happy to help with any specific information that you’re looking for. However, we have also included the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about emergency dentistry to make the information you need as easy to access as possible. Read on to satisfy your curiosity and remain prepared if a dental emergency does occur.
What Should I Do If My Jaw Is Fractured?
A fractured jaw is a serious injury that can be potentially life-threatening, which is why it’s vital that you call 911 and visit an urgent care facility immediately. Along with deep facial cuts and difficulty breathing, jaw fractures require emergency care medically. Once you’ve received the treatment you need, and your life is no longer in danger, please contact our office so one of our experts can repair your smile!
Why Visit the Dentist Instead of the ER?
For emergencies that aren’t life-threatening (cracked, damaged, or lost teeth for example), our office is the best place you can go for treatment. Most emergency rooms will not be equipped with the proper dental instruments necessary to restore your oral health. Call Creative Dental Concepts as soon as you notice that something is wrong with your smile so we can treat the root of the problem and repair your grin.
What If I’m Afraid or Anxious About Visiting the Dentist?
Dental emergencies can be shocking, making it even more difficult for you to visit our office, especially if you suffer from dental fear or anxiety. The key is to remember that we are here to help and get you out of pain. The longer that you wait, the more extensive and expensive your dental treatment may be. There is no need to worry—we offer sedation dentistry as a way to keep our patients comfortable and relaxed during their appointments. If you want a deeper sense of calm, ask us about sedation dentistry when you contact our emergency dentist in Syracuse.